The ‘Whale Birth Doula Package’ includes one free initial meet & greet interview, three prenatal sessions (two in person, one virtual), plus one virtual postpartum newborn care session:
Prenatal Session #1 – virtual
The first virtual prenatal session will help you to create a clear vision of what your birth looks like. We will share a Birth Preferences Document with you to go over while we discuss your many options for your customized plan. This session will leave you feeling informed, educated and ready to create a game plan for a satisfying and ideal birth experience. (Approx. 2 hours.)
Prenatal Session #2 –in person
In the second virtual prenatal session, we will practice positioning, pushing phase, coping techniques, talk more about laboring at home, and “framing your labor”. We will in essence walk through a practice run and come together as a birth team, feeling confident and prepared for your big day. This time can also be used to help your partner prepare for their role in your labor & delivery. We will go over certain techniques, as well as the importance of partners loving care and attention during childbirth.
Prenatal Session #3 – in person
This third session is focused on coaching the partner how to best support the birthing woman during labor and to address any individualized questions or concerns. We specifically want to extend our support to the partner during the birth process.
As your birth doulas we will:
· Will be available for unlimited text, face-time, phone, email and other forms of virtual support (at time of signing contract.- up .till 4 weeks postpartum).
· Will be on-call 24/7 2 weeks before your baby is born (unless there is a medical need to have me come on call early). I will remain available to you 4 weeks postpartum to any answer questions, provide referrals, and offer my support as you get adjusted to parenthood.
· If there is a need to switch to virtual support during your labor and birth you will be refunded the difference in price of in-person and virtual package ($600) (*see COVID-19/Catastrophic Event Clause
offering you informational downloads, articles, podcasts, FaceTime, and phone support.
· Back – up support available.@38 weeks until your baby is born.
· Local resources and referrals
Postpartum Session ~ virtual
This session offers you education and support after bringing home your new baby, helping you transition into the postpartum period.
We will discuss your birth together, talk about newborn care, lactation, and offer postpartum resources and referrals.